Come and celebrate the 100th anniversary of the renaming of the Saltwater River to the Maribyrnong River on Sunday 17th March on the banks of the Maribyrnong River, near the Boathouse Restaurant and historic rotunda, Moonee Ponds.
Join in the planting of a tree marking the centennial and unveiling of a commemorative plaque, plus a range of entertainment for adults and kids including activities presented by Maribyrnong River community groups and organization.
There will be a special historic river walk on the day and range of competitions with great prizes to be won.
Entertainment, displays and activities include:
- The Victorian Historical re-enactment society
- The Moonee Valley Brass Band
- The RIV CEL photographic competition and exhibition at Melbourne’s Living Museum
- Friends of the Maribyrnong Valley
- Essendon Historical Society river photos from their collection
- Competition for the little kids; decorate your bike and pram
- Rowing Club competition
Don’t forget to wear your favourite hat and to walk the historic river walk to collect your certificate.
For more information contact RIVCEL on 9689 6431 or 9338 7713.
|Date||17 Mar 2013 – from 11:00 AM until 05:00 PM|
|Location||On the banks of the Maribyrnong River, near the Boathouse Restaurant and historic rotunda. Melways ref: 29D8, tram 57 or 82 at stop 41.
MOONEE PONDS VIC
|Contact||RIVCEL (9689 6431)|