The Carbon Tax can’t be ignored and for a small business to survive, compete and grow in today’s economy, understanding the Carbon Tax is essential. As of 1 July businesses in the primary, secondary and tertiary sector will raise their prices. It’s important that you understand your rights, obligations and how to avoid having to pay too much for business essentials such as power, paper, water and waste.
In partnership with the Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce (VECCI), Moonee Valley City Council brings you a subsidised briefing session (briefing usually costs $55) that will break down what the Carbon Tax is, how it will be applied by the government, what it means for small business and how price increases will affect you.
The short briefing will cover:
· an introduction to and overview of the government’s Clean Energy Future Package
· a breakdown of the carbon tax – what does it mean and what is it all about
· how to survive and prosper in a carbon constrained economy
· strategies to assist businesses address issues with the new tax
· the impacts to your business
· the risks and opportunities for your business
· government assistance, initiatives and grants
· what your business needs to look out for from 1 July
|$20, includes a light breakfast
Visit our bookings page to register for this event
When:Thursday, 21 June, 7.30am-9am
Where: Council Chambers, Moonee Valley Civic Centre, 9 Kellaway Avenue, Moonee Ponds
Get the information now and be in the know before 1 July. Understand what the Carbon Tax is and how to plan for your business!